Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pichowo Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer started up at Troubleshooting Wont boot System repair doesnt work Cant recover

Hp Pavilion Notebook Model # 15-ab223cI
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Last night, My computer wouldnt shut down normally after many attempts so i had to power button twice before it shut down. This morning I turned it on, and it was on the keyboard layout page so I clicked us and it went to a troubleshooting or shut down page. I shut it down, that didn't change anything so i took the battery out for ten minutes, and still nothing changed. In troubleshooting there is recovery manager and advanced options. I tried a startup repair and it “couldn't recover” my pc. I backed up my files, but theres not much else there that I understand, and i don't want to factory reset my computer, There are no error codes or anything it just started up like this and i don't know what caused it.

Edit: I tried some solutions and nothing worked. I cant recover windows from a usb drive and some of the commands that are supposed to clean up and fix problems in command prompt wont work.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,251 17,102 1,140 1,790
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer started up at Troubleshooting Wont boot System repair doesnt work Cant recover

@Pichowo,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation