Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can someone please help me with with my brand new laptop? I just got this envy 360 and it has a i7 processor and 8gb of RAM. I setup at work and the laptop works perfectly. But at home it is a different story. Whenever I start up the laptop, the cursor randomly begins to press random things and I can’t stop it. When I somehow get to the front screen, the cursor just keeps on pressing the top left corner. Idk what to do. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Landry1,

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

It sounds like the touchpad button is being pressed down and it's a physical issue.

Due to regular usage, the touchpad buttons wear and tear, So you need to press it hard to make it function.

However, you can try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Try updating the BIOS and touchpad drivers on the PC to the latest version using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant. Click Here

Also, try out the steps try the steps recommended below.

• On Start , search for Device Manager, and select it from the list of results. Under Mice and other pointing devices, select your touchpad, open it, select the Driver tab, and select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

• If those steps didn't work, try uninstalling your touchpad driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) the touchpad driver, and select Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

• If that didn't work, try using the generic driver that comes with Windows. Here's how: in Device Manager, right-click (or press and hold) your touchpad driver > Update driver software... Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select HID compliant mouse, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.

Refer this article to know more information about using the touchpad. Click Here

Lastly, try running a touchpad test from the system diagnostics page and check if the hardware components on the PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about using system diagnostics test on the PC. Click Here

Let me know if this helps! 
Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.