Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought Stream 7, but It doesn't boot at all. So I tried to recovery via recovery solution. But it just turns off itself. I found that the recovery partition is gone. I have to use it as soon as possible. Is there any method that I can get a recovery image?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey @kwh3044,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Stream 7 tablet will not boot up.

Certain HP Windows tablets come with a microSD or OTG/USB recovery drive. If you do not have the recovery media or your tablet did not come with one you will need to contact HP Phone Support. 

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the following link to get the support number for your region: Phone Assist Worldwide.

Thanks! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

My Stream 7 was turning itself off also and would not boot.  The fix was running the battery all the way down.  When I plugged the charger in and booted it, it said "resetting CMOS" and it was fixed.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for the image.

Any thought on how can I use? I unzipped and copied to root folder of usb but still the tablet do not see it as an image.

Regards

I am a HP employee
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***

“I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.“
Dany H.
HP Recommended

Hi again.

I believe it is  Readme.txt file in the archive. And 'USB' folder, the content of it is what you need. Here is readme.txt (in case you dont have it):

------------------------

HP Stream 7 (model 5701) 32 GB

USB Flash 8 GB or more
Format in fat32, primary, active
Copy files from USB folder

Power down the tablet, connect USB Flash, Hold 'Power' and 'Volume Down'

Google for further steps

------------------------

It is a Recovery Image, you supposed to boot from it. Pay attention - you are going to need KEYBOARD and OTG Cable. I dont really remember details, since I have Win 10 on that tablet

Cheers

HP Recommended

Thnx pal, awesome!

HP Recommended

I would like to thank you for all the time you spent.I really appreciate your effort to upload your files  and helping us.

HP Recommended

Dude,

You are a freekin star! Thanks so much!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.