Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 8 Note
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Envy 8 Note keyboard won’t pair. I can see it in the devices list, but am not getting the PIN number, can someone please help me fix this. Thankyou 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kazagill, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Follow the steps to pair the Bluetooth keyboard.

1. Turn on the tablet by holding the power button until the HP logo appears, if the tablet does not turn on it needs to be charged for at least one hour.

2. Open the Action Center screen by swiping from right to left.

3. Go to the all Settings Menu > Bluetooth menu > enable Bluetooth.

4. Turn on the keyboard by holding the power button for 3 seconds until LED turns on once, if the keyboard does not turn on it needs to charge.

5. Check the Bluetooth LED, if it is blinking go to step 6, if it is not blinking hold the Bluetooth button until the LED blinks.

6. Select the HP Envy Note 8 Tablet Keyboard under the Bluetooth device menu.

7. Click on the Pair button.

8. Type in the PIN number which appears on the screen using the keyboard and then press the Enter key.

The Bluetooth keyboard is now paired.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still not getting the PIN number come up on the tablet for me to key into the keyboard to enable them to pair 

HP Recommended

@Kazagill

I suggest you reinstall the Bluetooth driver from device manager and then try to pair the Keyboard again

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Network Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Bluetooth driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Bluetooth driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Then follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04884984 to pair your Keyboard again

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.