Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Rove 20
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update, fan is always on, and CPU is not high (only 5-10%).

Are there anyone with this issue?

What could I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @_Josemi, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear that the fan is not running loud anymore. 

For your concern regarding the power light staying On even after you shut down the computer. 

Recommend you open control panel by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Run the power troubleshooter and I am sure it will resolve the issue you are facing. Refer to Step 4 in this HP Article for assistance. 

Please do run HP Support Assistant regularly to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @_Josemi

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the fan is always on after the windows creator update.

I’d love to help!

You can turn off the fan always on feature in bios. Once you turn off the fan always on feature, the fan will kick in automatically once the computer runs hot.

Hope that answers your question and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

I have disabled fan in BIOS as requested. Fan is starting and stopping every about 10 seconds. It is very uncomfortable.

CPU is tipically less than 10% used.

I am hopeless, what could I do next?

HP Recommended

Hi @_Josemi

I recommend you to update the bios from the below link and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

On one hand, I have upgraded BIOS, and fan is not crazy anymore. Thank you.

On the other hand, after BIOS upgrade, a ghost has come from the past. When I try to shutdown, screen gets black, but power led keeps ON indefinitely, and I must do a cold shutdown.

Do you know how to solve?

Regards.

HP Recommended

Hi @_Josemi, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear that the fan is not running loud anymore. 

For your concern regarding the power light staying On even after you shut down the computer. 

Recommend you open control panel by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Run the power troubleshooter and I am sure it will resolve the issue you are facing. Refer to Step 4 in this HP Article for assistance. 

Please do run HP Support Assistant regularly to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Chimney_83

I was not able to find my energy troubleshooter in 1703 Creators Update, but I did reset to defaults my energy plan, and it worked!!!! It has done shutdown properly three times in a row. I am very happy, now my HP Envy is perfect again.

Thank you for your support.

Regards

@_Josemi

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi,

the same problem i am facing with my laptop.the solution you gave to update BIOS i did and updated latest bios but still i am facing same problem and fan always on.i reset evevy power setting and also run troubleshoot,so kindly help me now.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The same problem I am facing with my laptop.The solution you gave to update BIOS I did and updated latest bios but still I am facing same problem and fan always on.I reset evevy power setting and also run troubleshoot,so kindly help me now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.