Recently my laptop has started to make intermittent crackling noises coming from around my left speaker. I have tried updating my audio drivers, and reinstalling my audio drivers but nothing has worked for me. This hasn't been happening until recently so im unsure what is wrong with it. I've become quite irritated with it and would like to know has anyone experienced a similar problem from the same model as me? Does anyone have a solution for me or will i have to get it repaired professionally?
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3) Press F2 once.
4) Go to Component test.
5) From the list, run the Audio test.
If the test passes, try restoring the computer -
1) Save any open files and close all open programs.
2) In Windows, search for restore, and then open Create a restore point from the results list.
3) On the System Protection tab, click System Restore.
4) Click Next.
5) Click the Restore Point that you want to use, then click Next.
6) Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.
7) Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. This can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. 😎 Click Yes in the warning that appears.
9) System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
This look like a hardware issue, please Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.
Have a great day!
Asmita I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".