Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite x2 1011 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

At some point earlier today, my touchscreen stopped working, & I don't know why, I can't find it in the Device Manager (though I might have just missed it) & troubleshooting didn't even tell me that there was a problem & I don't know what to do.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You are the third I have come across, including myself, on this forum who is having this exact problem. Cake across a few posters on Reddit as well.

HP is pretty much ignoring the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

did you solve the issue? I'm experiencing the same problem.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I wish I could say it was fixed but I at least got an explanation. Apparently there are two hardware components controlling the touchscreen functionality, one for finger touch and one for the pen. In this instance, the component controlling the finger touch failed.

No errors or warning logged; it just stopped working. The device was in physically perfect condition, stored in a padded bag when not in use, never dropped. And an internal physical device just broke.

Make of that what you will.

HP Recommended

And I did fix it, but I have no idea how though, I just turned it on one day and it was working again.

HP Recommended

Ok Scott, thank you for your explanation. I think i'll just wait hoping that in a sunny day it will start working again, like it happened to pok3rstar.

HP Recommended

Hi, just wanted to inform you that i solved the issue. I updated Bios and touch screen drivers. Hope it might be helpful for you.

Cheers

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same problem.

Did you find a solution?

I leave a comment because I want to know too much.

I'd like to get help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same issue and I was able to fix it.  I think what happend is that the motherboard bios is holding conflict information.  What you need to do is:

# Perform the following at your own risk#

1. Open up the tablet 

2. unplug the main battery

3. unplug the rtc battery (bio battery that holds the configuration)

4. leave it overnight to make sure the motherboard is fully discharged

5. plug everything back in

Cheers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.