Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elitepad 1000 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI everyone. I have both bios and hard disk error that happened after i tried to install Windows 7-X64 with rufus but the thing is that i forgot to change MBR to GPT and now my elitepad 1000 G2 makes these errors below :

"Boot Device not found 

Please Install an operating system on your hard disk 

Hard Disk (3F0) "

And want me to use diagnostics by pressing "F2" and when i do that this error pops up :

"The HP BIOS application Selected is corrupt or missing . Please install the application and try again .

BIOS Application Error (501)

And shows the "Enter" cmd but when i press it take me to above error massage . 

Also when i try to enter BIOS configuration for resetting to default device freezes and that is my major concern . 

Here is the list of the things I've done so far :

1. I tried to repair BIOS through recovery and all the USB bios recovery and others like "HOLDING POWER BUTTON and WIN+B or WIN+V combinations" didn't work especially when i tried to use a BIOS recovery using USB with exact product BIOS driver in boot section ......

2.I tried to determine if this problem is a Failure in Hard Disk simply  became unusable or something like that ....

So i download and booted through HP UEFI Diagnostic Recovery Tool and I've also Done a lot of test for finding hardware failure in both "Quick" and "Extensive" modes but every test passed with no error so i already know that this isn't about hardware issues but i want to tell to you so you see that .

3.I am now trying 4 in 1 USB key that HP support provided in support page if that works 

i will this post for others that maybe gone through the same headache .........

But other than these methods i want you to suggest any other solution you know about this

and i'm pretty sure  that it's based on the faulty MBR so can you help me fix that ?

Thanks in advance 

Update : 

My problem solved after using Diagnostic 4 in 1 USB key v 5.0.0 but first of all  you need to change your

hard drive state from MBR to GPT for preventing further disturbances  .

You can download the tool from this page :

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

After downloading unzip the contents to a folder in your working PC and then

Run biosunzip.bat and after typing your USB disk drive name wait for it to finish the procedure and 

press any key after finishing the setup to exit the bat file.

Lastly you should also unzip and copy a  windows  8.1 or 10 ISO file X86-X64  in the USB drive and during the 

procedure if a notification pops up to inform about replace a file ,just do it and that's it . 

insert the flash drive into tablet and power on the device and your problem solved . 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.