cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Omen 15 - BSOD whenever disconnected from power

HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I’ve never posted here so please let me know if this belongs somewhere else!! A few days ago I purchased an HP Omen 15 with an RTX 2060 graphics card and a 10th gen Intel i7 processor. This laptop is great except for one thing: whenever it’s not connected to power, I get a BSOD. This is regardless of what I am doing at the moment and is usually within 5-10 minutes of disconnecting it from power. 

On the BSOD, the error code is “VIDEO_TDR_FAILUE” and it says that the problem was caused by “nvlddmkm.sys”

Luckily I only got the laptop a couple of days ago and still have some time in my return/exchange window, but I am hoping that I don’t have to take that route!! Any help is much appreciated!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1,332 1,332 39 54
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@icecruncher, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

! reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting a TDR Failure atikmpag.sys error on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score.

System cleanup and a fresh install of our drivers may resolve this issue. I have detailed some steps below that you can follow.

1. Run the Windows self-check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsoft NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Net framework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing the drivers.

4. Use DDU (Display driver uninstaller) to sweep the system of AMD drivers in safe mode.

5. Install the graphics drivers. Click here to download the graphics drivers.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation