Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: HP Omni 10
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have had problems with the touch screen on my HP Omni 10 not working for some time, sometimes it works and sometimes not. Recently it has taken about 15 mins for anything to appear on the screen when I boot up. Now nothing appears on the screen when I boot up. I know the power is on as it buzzes when you touch the MS logo at the bottom of the tablet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RB9, thanks for your response and time.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

It looks to be a hardware issue as I had mentioned in my previous post, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RB9

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the HP Omni 10 display is not working anymore, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Did you make any recent hardware or software changes, like upgrading the BIOS or any software?

Did you attempt to restore the tablet? if you haven't please try the below steps:

Complete the following steps to reset your computer using the System Recovery option on the Startup screen:

CAUTION: All data on the drive is removed during this process. Back up your important information before attempting the recovery.

1. Shut down the tablet.

2. While pressing the Volume Down button, press the Power button for 2 seconds and release.

Figure 10: Power and Volume Down buttons

Photograph showing the location of the power and volume buttons. As facing the back of the tablet, the Power button is located in the upper left top edge and the Volume Down  button being the lower portion of a toggle switch in the upper left edge on the back.
  3. On the Choose an option screen, tap Troubleshoot.
  4. On the Troubleshoot screen, tap Reset your PC.

Click here for more details and step by step instructions.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have not made any software changes, I just shut down the tablet as normal. When I press the start button you hear the slight buzz so that there is power on, but nothing appears on the screen. The tablet still has power on as there is a slight buzz if you touch the windows button at the bottom of the screen. I am then unable to turn the power off or shut it down. I have tried holding the "on" button for about 60secs and the tablet buzzes a few times, but there is nothing on the screen. I have to wait until the battery runs flat so there is no power on. I have had problems for some time with the touch screen not working, so have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to be able to use the tablet. Sometimes when it used to boot up the touch screen would work. Recently when you turn the tablet on sometimed it took about 30 secs fot the HP logo to appear and sometimes about 30 minutes. But now nothing appears when I turn it on.

HP Recommended

Hi @RB9, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for response and time.

Kudos to you for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned holding Volume Down button and pressing the Power button on your tablet does not bring up anything. (Black screen)

Have you tried connecting the adapter to your tablet and tried the reset options.

If the issue still persists it is a hardware issue with the display.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply

I have tried connecting the mains adaptor and tried the reset option, but still a blank screen. I guess I have to accept that the tablet is now defunkt and look at getting another one.

HP Recommended

@RB9, thanks for your response and time.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

It looks to be a hardware issue as I had mentioned in my previous post, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.