Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all.

I have the same issue.  Brand new pen, came with the device (13-ag0012au) purchased directly from HP Australia.

Here is the weird thing.  We inserted the battery, and it worked.  The next day, it did not.  We have no idea what happened.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hazrd

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the HP Pen.

Appreciate you trying the troubleshooting steps. Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run the troubleshooter. 

Step 2 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 

If the issue still persists, try the next step.

Step 4 Re-install the touchscreen drivers -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
3) The touchscreen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device and select Uninstall.

4) Confirm the uninstallation.
5) Restart the computer to reinstall the touchscreen driver.

Step 5 Configure the pen input -

1) In Windows, search for and open Calibrate the screen for pen and touch input.
2) On the Display tab, click Setup.

3) Click Pen input
4) Follow the on-screen directions and check if this helps you fix the issue.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes. 

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the purple "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@hazrd

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the HP Pen.

Appreciate you trying the troubleshooting steps. Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run the troubleshooter. 

Step 2 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 

Step 3 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 

If the issue still persists, try the next step.

Step 4 Re-install the touchscreen drivers -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
3) The touchscreen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device and select Uninstall.

4) Confirm the uninstallation.
5) Restart the computer to reinstall the touchscreen driver.

Step 5 Configure the pen input -

1) In Windows, search for and open Calibrate the screen for pen and touch input.
2) On the Display tab, click Setup.

3) Click Pen input
4) Follow the on-screen directions and check if this helps you fix the issue.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes. 

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the purple "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Deleted - resolved itself after third reboot.

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem with my pen suddenly not working; however, the touch screen is working with my finger. I replaced the pen's battery but that did not solve my issue. I went through the list of updates and re-installing the touch screen drivers. When I then attempted to configure the pen input as suggested in part 5 of the Accepted Solution  by  my pen is still not working and I unable to complete this step of the troubleshooting.  Are there any other solutions? 

HP Recommended

@Atlius

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like hardware related issue with the HP Pen. Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.