Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Connect a keyboard up to the HP Stream using a micro USB to USB and from there you will be able to choose yes or no and also navigate the bios.WP_20150707_11_00_26_Pro.jpg

HP Recommended

I had a similar issue, which was resolved with help from a support rep via chat. Holding down the "volume down" and the power keys for fully 60 seconds got me into the BIOS startup menu.

I selected the System recovery option. I then got a message along the lines of "your PC needs to be repaired - a required device isn't connected or can't be accessed." with error code 0xc0000225. Then the tablet shutdown.

I left it for a few minutes, rebooted, and it booted into windows 10 perfectly. I then downloaded the BIOS updated from here, just to be sure: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Stream-Tablets/7439999/model/7579315/document/c04565413/

Seems to be working great now!

HP Recommended
I realize this post is so old you probably have a new computer, but hopefully this reply will help someone else. I visited this thread tonight when trying to fix the same problem on my HP All-in-One laptop.

For the past 24hours or so it had been stuck in an endless loop of bios updating. It would finish, say that it was complete, and then start over again. The really annoying thing was that I didn't even initiate the update -- it started automatically after I accidently pressed the power and volume buttons at the same time (the buttons are really close together on my unit).

I tried all the key press combinations that I found on various forums, and I also tries running down the battery, but nothing worked. Removing the battery wasn't an option because my unit is closer to a tablet than a laptop and it really isn't made to be easily accessed. Anyway, finally I started trying some of the key press combinations again, but at different points in the update loop, and for different lengths of time. Here's what finally broke the endless BIOS update loop:

With the AC power cord plugged in, I waited until another update cycle was finished and it had written and verified the "new BIOS image" and said "The System BIOS recovery is complete." Typically, then the screen would go black for about 10 (?) seconds before starting the update over. Well, as soon as the screen went black, I held down the power button, the +volume button, the fn key and the left arrow key (I have a little keyboard with no HOME key, so fn plus the left arrow is my HOME key equivalent). I held these keys down simultaneously and kept holding them down. The screen stayed black for longer than it had been when stuck in the loop, so I began to have a tiny bit of hope, and then... BLUE SCREEN!!!! The BIOS loop was no more and after a few more moments it went to the bitlocker screen. I got the recovery key by logging into my Microsoft account and all was well. No damage to my files, and the computer runs as well as ever. VICTORY!

I want to note that I'd tried this combination previously, and I think the reason it didn't work then was that I did it at a different point in the cycle and wasn't as patient with holding down the keys. Again, the formula that worked was: wait til the black screen comes back, press down POWER, VOLUME+, HOME (or FN, and LEFT ARROW in my case), and hold all of 'em down until the blue screen comes on (which signifies that the loop is broken).

I hope this helps - good luck, all!
HP Recommended

Hi

This works for a Stream 7 that's stuck in the BIOS loop.  Let it get to Verifying and on to the blank screen, then hold down the POWER, Volume Down (right hand side of the Vol button}, and the HOME spot of the screen.  The screen will go to an options menu and a tiny virtual keyboard.  Hit ENTER and the device should boot up normally. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.