Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream 7 Tablet 5709

Less than two months ago I upgraded my HP Stream 7 to Windows 10. Over time some issues popped up (random apps that couldn't be opened, etc) so I decided to do a full reset, deleting user files. After the process "install" was complete it brought me to the initial setup screen for Windows 10, asking me my preferred language and keyboard. It would not accept any touch input. I rebooted it and it went to advanced setup where I was able to use the touchscreen to do a full reset again. That didn't change anything. I found info on HP's website and did a reset of BIOS. That didn't change anything. I got an OTG Cable but was not able to get a keyboard to work. I did, however, get a mouse to work and was able to create a new user and log in. Still, the touch screen wouldn't work in Windows. I was able to get into settings and reviewed the device manager settings. There was only a mouse driver listed under Human Interface. I also noticed a number of question marks under the subheading of the Processor drivers.

I was able to use the OTG cable to attempt to re-install Windows 10 from a USB. When a similar initial settings (language, keyboard) screen popped, I couldn't use the touch screen. Later I created a USB with Windows 8.1 thinking that it might have a better chance. Same problem. It won't recognize any touch inputs. And with a USB drive installed via the OTG cable, I can't run a mouse at the same time.

It's odd that I don't have the problem in BIOS or advanced startup options. It seems there is some corruption somewhere but how can I get there to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Moronihah,

Did you do a clean install (remove all files and programs) the 2nd time you reinstalled Windows 10?

Thats what you need to do first off.

Then you need to go to the HP website and install the drivers via your USB pen drive.

You will especially need to include the Goodix Touch Controller Driver and Konix G-Sensor Enabling Driver.

HP Software and Driver Downloads

Are you using a 4 port hub with your OTG cable? That will enable you to use the mouse, keyboard and USB drive together.

Cables_USB_HUB_007.jpg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Moronihah,

Did you do a clean install (remove all files and programs) the 2nd time you reinstalled Windows 10?

Thats what you need to do first off.

Then you need to go to the HP website and install the drivers via your USB pen drive.

You will especially need to include the Goodix Touch Controller Driver and Konix G-Sensor Enabling Driver.

HP Software and Driver Downloads

Are you using a 4 port hub with your OTG cable? That will enable you to use the mouse, keyboard and USB drive together.

Cables_USB_HUB_007.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions. Soon after I posted my quesiton I made one more attempt to connect the keyboard and I got it to work and was able to finish the install process. Because the HP website responds to the size of the screen, and for whatever reason that means obscuring the download buttons for the drivers, I downloaded the drivers from my desktop then copied to the tablet via the OTG cable and a USB stick. Once all the drivers and the BIOS update were installed, the tablet is like new again!

HP Recommended

Hello:

I have a Stream 7 tablet 5709. 

And I encountered the same problem when I clean installed the Windows 10 anniversary update on my tablet. 

My problems were: Touch screen did not work, Audio device did not work and Battery gauge was not on the task bar. 

And all solved as follow. 

All the problems were gone by a simple way. 

I just installed 2 softwares.

- BIOS    sp73252.exe   release date Oct 16, 2015

- The Intel Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio Driver Pack.  sp72202.exe release date July29, 2015 

Those drivers can be found at support.hp.com

Of course, OTG USB cable is necessary to connect a keyboard and mouse to the Stream 7. 

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Downloading the two files suggested by Yoshi worked for me - thank you

HP Recommended

i have a similar problem, i did a clean install, now there is no os on mine, how do i fix it pls.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.