Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 7 Tablet
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I dug out my old HP Stream 7 from my junk electronics storage. Hadn't used it since late 2015 and it was still running 8.1. Updated the tablet to Windows 10 using a bootable usb and did a fresh install. After I ran all of the neccessary drivers on the HP Stream 7 drivers page, and everything worked like a charm. The battery life isn't great, and opening windows and UI stuff is a little slugish. But if I use a Windows store app there's almost no lag.

But after installing some Windows 10 updates the rotation lock toggle dissapeared from the sidebar. It was gone in the Display settings, as well as the Intel Graphics properties.  After reinstalling the Kionix drivers, the Intel Graphics chipset drivers, updating the BIOS, and doing some registry edits I managed to get the auto rotate toggle to appear again, but clicking it does nothing. Even with the updated Kionix drivers the tablet doesn't know when its rotating. Another weird thing - if I change my orientation to landscape but leave the rotation lock off, whenever I open up a program it automatically switches to portrait mode. I have to keep rotation lock on if I don't want my programs to switch their orientaitions on launch.

TLDR: Fresh Windows 10 install + reinstalling drivers on HP Stream 7 - everything works perfectly.

After system update auto rotate drivers are broken, and reinstalling them does nothing. Worked perfectly                             before the system update.

Any help is appreciated. Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @zzjonlee, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand after the windows 10 update you have auto rotate issues with your steam tablet.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your tablet to assist you better.

As you mentioned after the windows 10 update you have auto rotate issues with your steam tablet.

To resolve this issue, the g-sensor driver must be updated and the rotate option must be enabled.
Change the screen orientation to landscape mode:
Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Windows Mobile Center > Rotate Screen; select landscape.
Update the g-sensor driver using the following SoftPaq: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72220.exe
NOTE: A more recent version of this software may be available. Check for newer versions at http://www.hp.com/.
Click or tap Notifications to open the Action Center.
Click or tap the Rotation lock tile to toggle screen rotation on.

Refer this article to know more information about auto rotate issues with your stream tablet.

Also, try changing few settings: 

Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.
Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

Go to Control Panel> Display>Change Display Settings and then make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected

Refer this article to know more information about Switching Between Tablet Mode and Desktop Mode.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.