Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible laptop and I am to date with the current Windows 10 update. Today I purchased the HP Tilt Pen and the pen connects through Bluetooth to my laptop and the buttons operate to open one note. However, when I try to write on paint 3D or one note the pen does not write at all. This is very frustrating considering I had spoken over the phone to an HP support person themself AND I looked at the sheet of compatibility and was told by both the person and the sheet that this pen would be gauranteed to work for me. This is the fourth pen I've gone through and I was really hoping it was the last. Considering there aren't many pen options for HP I was really counting on this to work. How could HP make a laptop that allows for the stylus feature to take place yet barely make any pens that can be supported. Ridiculous. Honestly, if this pen doesn't work I think I'm going to switch over to apple. The quality make not be as great, but at least their products are simple and gaurunteed to work without all the wasted time and hair pulling. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CCaroline
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Download the HP Pen Control app if it is not preinstalled on your computer. Use HP Pen Control to change the settings on your HP Pen using the instructions in this document.

Download the HP Pen control app from the Microsoft Store.

1. In Windows, search for and open Microsoft Store.

2. In Microsoft Store, search for and open HP Pen Control.

3. Click Get, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

HP Pen Control Screen with Get highlighted

Reviewing privacy settings for HP Pen Control

The HP Pen Control app uses tools like Google Analytics to collect usage data. When launching the app for the first time, you are prompted to accept or decline data collection.

1. Open the HP Pen Control app.
  2. Select Yes or No to accept or decline data collection.
NOTE: Data collection settings can be changed at any time in Windows privacy settings.

Example of selecting yes or no in the Review Privacy Settings window

Restoring the HP Pen to default settings

The HP Pen features a top button and a bottom button, each with a default function that can be changed using HP Pen Control. This section explains the default settings, and how to restore the defaults in the HP Pen Control application.

The default button settings are as follows:

• Top button: Default setting is Right-click/Select. While pointing the pen at an item on the screen, press the top button to right-click or select that item.

• Bottom button: Default setting is Erase. In applications that support an erase function, press the bottom button and then move the pen over items you want to erase.

To restore the default settings, use the following steps:

1. Open the HP Pen Control app by clicking the HP Pen Control icon  in the system tray, or type HP Pen Control in the Windows search box.

2. HP Pen Control opens, and the current button settings are displayed.

Active Pen settings, showing the default button selections

3. To return to the default setting and functions for the buttons, click Default.

An example of the default button

4. Click Apply to save the default setting.

5. After restoring the default button functions, click the X in the upper right corner, or click Cancel to close the HP Pen Control window.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.