Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

ok I was able to do a recovery and not back to factory default windows my on screen keyboard now works. So now Im back to square 1 and that is the Keyboard base not working. So now I leading to a connection issue. Thank you all so much for your help especialy on how to access the recovery console while using the power and the volume button.

The Keyboard does work when I connect my wfie tablet to it. no now I think it may be a connection issue with the orginal tablet that cam with the keyboard. My next step would be to open the tablet and varify if any wiring are disconnected.

Thank you all

HP Recommended

Hi.

After upgrading my Split x2 to Win 10 my docking base stop working - no power (red led is off), keyboard and touchpad are not working. I used Go Back option in Win 10 to return back to Win 8.1 and dock base is still not working.

Upgraded Synopsys driver and BIOS to no luck. Pover works when addaprer is plugged in to tablet part. All touch screen functions works so I can use it as an tablet.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Nick

HP Recommended

I just had this problem with my son's HP Split.

The keyboard was not working but the mouse pad and the wireless mouse were both working so I figured it was probably not a hardware problem with the connection between the base and the tablet.

I followed the advice from HP HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

What worked for me was going to device manager, uninstalling the keyboard devices and restarting.

HP Recommended

Thank you Petefry for your advice.

I did that - removinig keyboard driver, etc. After a few restarts still nothing. Than I opened back of the dock to check cable connections and all looked fine. After returning all back and restarted I got message, something about flashing keyboard eprom with choice Yes or No. I ansvered Yes and after that computer boot just fine and all is working now. I'm not going to Win 10 with my Split x2 after this experience.

thank againg to all for tips and suggestions.

HP Recommended
Hi,

My Hp split x2 keyboard all of a sudden stopped working. It started with the keys on the keyboard misbehaving and now the keyboard has refused to power on. It won't even charge.

The Screen works perfectly well. I have loved all hp products but this one just badly disappoints me.

Is there a solution to this problem? What should I do?
HP Recommended

@atmousa wrote:

Hello

my new hp spit 13.3 keyboard doesnt work properly

some keys just stop working

i have issues with the following key:

"O"  "L" "9" and ">"

What should i do

they stop working every now and then but now they are still down

atmusa, it's 2016 now and I have run into the exact same issue, same keys 9 ol. . is lower  case arrow  They were intermittant then I took the bottom shell appart to check for cables etc. When I put it back together those keys did not work at all. then i restored the drivers and it appeared to fix. With in the hojr the keys went from ok to intermittant to useless. s these keys run in a diagonal I suspect hardware issue. Did you ever get your x2 fixed?

HP Recommended

@atmousa wrote:

Hello

my new hp spit 13.3 keyboard doesnt work properly

some keys just stop working

i have issues with the following key:

"O"  "L" "9" and ">"

What should i do

they stop working every now and then but now they are still down

Hi I had the same problem, same keys as you. Doing some online research I learned to think of the keyboard as a matrix of vertical and horizontal, wires pressing a key breaks the matrix in a paticular spot and the correct character is put up on the screen. The vertical line is not true verticle hence the angle to the affected keys. Same site also advised blowing compressed air on the non working keys. Well for a $ or 2 to maybe fix it's worth a try. To me the keyboard bezel is so tight no way could any dirt get in there. But guess what? It appears to have worked! 9ol.or OL9> in upper case have worked fine for over a month now. Every once and a while you just have to take the cheep and easy fix. Good luck, hope this wors for you.

HP Recommended

I have the HP Pavilion X2 Microsoft Signature Edition & I've been fighting with HP for roughly 4 months now... even sent it to their "repair" facility just across the river from Louisville & after getting it back the keyboard randomly repeats keys or just won't work @ all. Caps lock randomly turns on, trying to shift characters & the neither shift keys works. if I seperate the device from the keyboard, wait a few seconds, then reconnect it'll work for a while but after a few minutes it's back to square one... I'm still covered under factory warranty & not sure what to do

It's obviously a VERY COMMON problem so... HP? WTH?

HP Recommended

The same keys stopped  wrking air didn't fix this time, prbaby try sme cmputer repair shops

HP Recommended

The speaker volume used to be ok. Headphone volyme is ok. Yhave tried reloading drivres and have checked typical settings. Split x2 13 in. win 10.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.