Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omni 10
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My touch screen just stopped working. So I rest it to reinstall windows 10 and now I'm stuck at a screen and I can't get past without the touch screen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Antz1986 (If I recall correctly, Antz was released in 1998) 😉

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

That said, if the touchscreen isn't working I recommend you connect an external keyboard to your tablet and check if that works,

Although if the touchscreen works periodically, use the below steps:

If Windows cannot open to the Start screen, you can still use Reset your PC to permanently remove all personal files, the software you have installed, and then return the computer to factory settings. To do this, you need to open the Choose an option screen.

1. Start your computer and press the F11 key repeatedly.

The Choose an option screen opens.

2. On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.

Image of Choose an option screen with Troubleshoot selected

3. Click Reset your PC.

Image of the Troubleshoot screen with Reset your PC selected

4. On the Reset, your PC screen, click Next.

CAUTION:

Your personal files and settings are destroyed by performing this step. Make sure you have backed up all your important files on another drive before performing a reset. If you need help backing up your files, you might want to contact a professional data recovery service.

NOTE:

If an error displays stating Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing., resetting your PC does not work. Instead, recover your computer using the steps in Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎.

Image of the Reset your PC screen

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 5 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists, refer to my private message for further assistance:

please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Antz1986 (If I recall correctly, Antz was released in 1998) 😉

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

That said, if the touchscreen isn't working I recommend you connect an external keyboard to your tablet and check if that works,

Although if the touchscreen works periodically, use the below steps:

If Windows cannot open to the Start screen, you can still use Reset your PC to permanently remove all personal files, the software you have installed, and then return the computer to factory settings. To do this, you need to open the Choose an option screen.

1. Start your computer and press the F11 key repeatedly.

The Choose an option screen opens.

2. On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.

Image of Choose an option screen with Troubleshoot selected

3. Click Reset your PC.

Image of the Troubleshoot screen with Reset your PC selected

4. On the Reset, your PC screen, click Next.

CAUTION:

Your personal files and settings are destroyed by performing this step. Make sure you have backed up all your important files on another drive before performing a reset. If you need help backing up your files, you might want to contact a professional data recovery service.

NOTE:

If an error displays stating Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing., resetting your PC does not work. Instead, recover your computer using the steps in Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎.

Image of the Reset your PC screen

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 5 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists, refer to my private message for further assistance:

please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.