Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 7 Tablet
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Stream 7 Tablet. I'd like to install windows 10 but my tablet does not recognize USB sticks. So the question is: is it possible to make a bootable SD Card and boot from it? If so, how to proceed?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The Stream tablets cannot boot from the SD card slot, you would have to boot from a USB drive connected to the charge port via an OTG adaptor.  A powered hub would also be needed also since you will need a mouse and keyboard.  When powering up, hold down the volume down button and then F9 to boot from the USB.

HP Recommended

As I mentioned earlier, this tablet does not recognize USB drives connected to the charge port via an OTG adaptor. Is there any other solution for installing OS on it?

HP Recommended

You would have to use the USB port.  I would question why your tablet will not boot from a USB, you might try another OTG adapter, I have some that don't work with my Stream 7 for some reason.  Also try using a powered hub since the port puts out very little power since it's running off the battery.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I also tried using a powered hub, but the tablet still does not recognize the USB stick.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I also tried using a powered hub, but the tablet still does not recognize the USB stick.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.