Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP mini 311-1037NR
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I've came across an HP mini laptop and was unaware that it still ran Windows 7. I was trying to install a few applications, but one of the applications runs only on Internet Explorer and not Microsoft Edge, Chrome, etc., and even with that, it gives me a link to install Internet Explorer 11 as it no longer runs the older versions, but I haven't been able to install IE11 as I run into numerous errors or it tells me that I need to install service packs or other things that wither no longer exist or give me error messages as well or gives me error codes when trying to check for updates. Is there any way that I can install IE11 on my laptop or is it a lost cause?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to read the info at the link below for how to get Windows update to work on W7 and you should be able to get the updates through W7's end of support, which was in January, 2020.

Windows 7 Update Problems? Read this first. - Microsoft Community

I didn't even have to go to the advanced users discussion.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.