cancel
WorthyPenguin55 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop! I don't have a disc for it and need to change the password for it to back it up on a flash d

3TT17UA

So I have a up windows 10 laptop. And I do not have a disc for it. So I also need to back everything up from the laptop to a flash drive and the laptop asks for a password, so I'll put in the password and it keeps saying that its the wrong password so when we reset the password, it asks for a disc. So I was wondering if you could please help me get into it without a disc?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
8,396 8,250 305 378
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop! I don't have a disc for it and need to change the password for it to back it up on a flash d

@WorthyPenguin55
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Using a Microsoft account offers many benefits, including easy password recovery. If you currently have a local user account, consider switching to a Microsoft account after recovering or changing your current password. Go to Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10) for more information.

NOTE: If you cannot sign in with your original password, make sure caps lock is not on.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation