01-22-2019 06:34 AM
My laptop hangs whenever it's charging. Even after it has been unplugged, it still lags. I usually need to unplug and then restart it before it starts working well. Please how do I fix this?
01-24-2019 04:53 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Let's try these steps:
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.
3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer )
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)
6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step
Next BIOS Defaults:
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.
3) Press F10 once for BIOS.
4) Press F9 for BIOS defaults.
5) Press F10 to save and exit.
Next update system software:
Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community. Have a great day!
01-28-2019 04:00 AM
I tried all these but it still did not work. I then performed a hard reset on it, but the hanging became worse. I decided to manage it like that, and after installing the drivers, my keyboard and TouchPad stopped working totally. That's where I am now.
01-29-2019 04:09 PM
Thank you for posting back.
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would request you to contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
- Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
- Select the product type.
- Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
- Select the country from the drop-down.
- You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.