Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Would this work similar to installing Kali Linux?
HP Recommended
How did you get wifi on your hp stream if by default there is no wifi.

I am unable to install the wifi drivers or the Linux generic headers as it requires Internet, how do I get around that?
HP Recommended

I used a Panda PAU04 USB Wifi adapter, it was recognized by Ubuntu. I do not have the procedure to install the RTL8723BS Wifi driver without a working internet connection.  I think you could download the packages on another computer and transfer them to the Stream via USB or if you have Windows set up as a dual boot, you could download them in Windows.   I do not know how to get the linux-headers-generic package as a download, I see this page where it appears to be available.  If anyone has more experience with that, please comment.  Here is the link to download the Wifi driver as a zip file.

HP Recommended

Hello guys!

I've never been able to fully boot linux 😞 I've tried everything and I get stuck everytime with this emmc error... I've tried lots of Ubuntu rom, 32bits... 64 bits... 14.10... 15.04... And even different USB key... Disabled secure boot...

I would really love to have Ubuntu on this tablet... Any idea ?

HP Recommended

What is the error you are getting?

HP Recommended
Ubuntu is freezing and get stuck, and stay like this for hours. With today's built of Vivid I can access the desktop, but I still have a freeze when I try to partition the disk.
HP Recommended

Yes, I have had trouble trying to install 15.04, I think it froze in the same place trying to partition the disk.  You probably want to use 14.10 32-bit instead.  If you press ESC while the splash screen is up, it will display any errors. It should boot okay other than a 2-3 minute delay while displaying the "Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0rpmb" errors due to the RPMB issue of the eMMC drive.

HP Recommended
I was able to get wifi by hooking up a bluetooth adaptor and sharing my phones data via bluetooth, but for the life of me i am unable to install the wifi adaptor or the touchscreen. I follow the guide and when i get to the make command it throws errors at me.
HP Recommended

I can only see two yellow triangle images in place of the screenshots you uploaded, I have seen that before on this site, I'm not sure what that problem is.  What is the error you are getting when running the make command?  What is the version of Linux?

HP Recommended
Heres the error for the wifi driver http://i.imgur.com/R4BM8fY.png

And this is the error i get when installing the touchscreen http://i.imgur.com/6kmjTKH.png

I am using ubuntu mate 14.10 32bit.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.