Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I wanted to add a 128GB Micro SD card to my Elite X2 for backup and storage.

The card is formated NTFS, can be read fine with and adapter and a usb SD card reader.

But when inserted directly in the slot inside the Tablet, it remains invisible.

In Device Manager, the SD storage Class Controller displays a waring (yellow sign with Question mark):

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The I/O device reported an I/O error.

Device SD\VID_1b&OID_534d&PID_ED4QT&REV_3.0\4&18266d77&0&0 was configured.

Driver Name: sdstor.inf
Class Guid: {4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.14393.0
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: sdstor_Install.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF2000
Matching Device Id: SD\CLASS_STORAGE
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2D&SUBSYS_80FC103C&REV_21\3&11583659&0&F6

I tried reinstalling driver, enabilng disabling etc... etc... etc... 

Do you have any advice to get this card recognised??

Thank you

Yann

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Walcros

Can it see 64GB cards and cower capacity ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien

I don’t know, I only bought 1 micro SD card... There are no specified limitations published by HP, are there?!

HP Recommended

Does anybody have a suggestion to get this micro sd card working?

Do I really need to buy a new card for testing purposes? Are there known issues with larger cards?

Thank you.

HP Recommended
Heeeeelp!!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.