Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elite 2X 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have not been able to get my micro SD card to work with my new tablet. I have various cards (range from 32 to 400 Gig).

All cards are read and writable using an external card adaptor.

When I put any card in the device, it detects that a card is in the slot (Icon for drive appears)

When clicking on it to open (as well as right click for properties) the windows working wheel turns for some time and the stops (goes away) but nothing happens.

I need the extra storage and need to get this working.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Try reinstalling the driver for the card reader. Here's a link to the software and drivers page for your product:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elite-x2-1012-g1/8741943

The driver is under "Driver - storage."

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

Way too many problems with this machine.  Getting a replacement from my company.

HP Recommended

Capture.JPG

Not much good if there are no drivers for my product on your tech services page.

I was sent a brand new machine that has exactly the same problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.