Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-103na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys, 

hopefully somebody will be able to help me! I have had my pc for almost a year and have previously managed to set it up so that content I watched on my pc was also viewable wirelessly on my Samsung Smart TV. I have recently moved and have been trying to set up this configuration again and my pc is now saying that "your pc or mobile device does not support miracast so cannot project wirelessly." 

I'd really like to be able to project to my TV and as I said, I have been able to do this before; my TV has my PC listed as a device that has previously been connected and my PC also had my TV as a device that I have connected to. It seems like this miracast is the key and from my (admittedly poor) googling that I may need to update a driver but I havent got a clue which one and I dont want to start playing around with stuff i dont understand. 

Any help would be gratefully recieved. 

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@GramercyRiff

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need Miracast support and it doesn't work anymore,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you ensure the wireless is setup and working?

Did you check if the wireless display you want to project to support Miracast?

While you respond to that and if you are using the same display as before, here's what you need to do:

Start the setup from scratch,

Projecting your screen

When you have determined that both your computer and wireless display support Miracast, use the following steps to project your screen.

1. First, make sure your computer is connected to a Wi-Fi network, and the display you want to connect to is turned on.

2. Click the Action Center icon on the taskbar in the lower-right corner of the screen.

3. In the Action Center, click Connect.

Figure : Clicking Connect in the Action Center
    Clicking Connect in the Action Center

4. The computer searches for wireless display devices. Select the desired wireless display.

Figure : Searching for the wireless display

Searching for the wireless display

5. Wait while Windows connects the display.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

To help you further, Click here to check the Microsoft support.

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ran into a similar issue as you. I was using a geforce gtx 980. It worked before, but suddenly stopped working. The fix for me was to roll back my drivers to a time that they supported miracast. Apparently Nvidia cut its miracast support, as microsoft was taking over or some **bleep**, i don't fully remember (this might apply to amd graphics as well, which is what i assume your computer has. What I'd advice you to do is to search and figure out if/when amd graphics cut support, and roll back to the driver before. On my Nvidia graphics card, i rolled back my driver to 350.12 (a bit more than a year ago), and it worked. Might work for you if you roll it back about as far. 

HP Recommended

@EirikHa

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand Miracast no longer supports the device,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Did you follow the steps mentioned in my previous reply to the other user?

If yes, what have you done so far?

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If, the above article helped,

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I didn't come here for help, i came here to help. As I said, I had  a similar issue, and the fix for me was to roll back my graphics card drivers, as they no longer supported miracast. But that was for my geforce graphics, not amd, which is what I assume the person in need has.

So I have no problems regarding this, i just came to help

Oh and @GramercyRiff, take a look at this thread (https://community.amd.com/thread/210227), as this looks like a possible fix for your issue (I'd advice you against using the ddu tool he mentioned, seeing as you only have one grahipcs card. Just install the new driver and I think it will overwrite your old one). Seeing as miracast worked before, it's most likely a driver that no longer supports it. These that are on that thread seems like some which will support it. I don't own a pc with amd graphics, so unfortunately i can't test it, but i beileve this will work, as it worked similarly with my geforce graphics

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.