Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 8 Tablet - 5801
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

After performing a clean Windows 10 install on my HP Stream 8 Tablet - 5801, device manager lists an unknown device with a location 'on I2C Controller'. I don't seem to be having any issues with the tablet, but would like to resolve this before I run into any problems. Where can I find this driver?

==steven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Steven:

Based on the ID you posted, you need this driver for that device...

The Kionix G-Sensor Enabling Driver enables the accelerometer sensor that provides the rotational control functionality typically used in tablets and cellular phones. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72220.exe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi, Steven:

See if Windows Update can find the driver for you.

Be connected to the internet.

Go to the device manager and click on the unknown device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab, click on Update driver.

Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option and see if windows update finds and installs a driver for that device.  The search may take several minutes and windows will either find the driver or report that it cannot.

If it cannot, please post the hardware ID for the unknown device.

To find the hardware ID click on the unknown device.  The click on the details tab at the top of the unknown device window.

Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to device description.

Drop down on that list and select the 3rd item (hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended

Windows Update doesn't find a driver.

There are 3 lines listed as values for the Hardware IDs property:

ACPI\VEN_SMO&DEV_8500

ACPI\SMO8500

*SMO8500

I suppose only the top line is relevant, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to list all 3.

==steven

HP Recommended

Hi, Steven:

Based on the ID you posted, you need this driver for that device...

The Kionix G-Sensor Enabling Driver enables the accelerometer sensor that provides the rotational control functionality typically used in tablets and cellular phones. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72220.exe

HP Recommended

Paul -   can you help me on my hdx900t ?   not sure how to reach you or include you on  a new post    - steve

HP Recommended

Hi, Steve:

Just start a new post regarding the issue with your hdx900t.

If it is a driver related issue, I may be able to help you with it.

If it isn't, probably I won't be able to help you.

I'll read your post and if I have any suggestions to offer, I will respond accordingly.

HP Recommended

opended a new post for hdx9000

HP Recommended

That was it. I suppose if the screen rotation wasn't working I might not have noticed. The tablet is usually in a stationary position. I'm glad to have gotten it resolved before I noticed a problem at an inconvenient time. Thanks for your help!

==steven

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Steven.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.