Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp omni 120-1201ep
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

Before i start, i wanna say i really appreciate any kind of help i could get from here!

So the thing is my computer its been acting weird for a long period of time by now... anytime i shut it off, or i click on the "restart" button, i will not turn back on, no matter what i do, if the computer havent been off for like 8 to 9 hours since ive turned it off it would not get back on...

So the secuence is like: pc turned off - wait 8/9 (maybe more) hours (power cord connected to a power outlet) - turn on pc

I really hope everyone understands what im saying, ive asked a lot of people and i have tried taking the HDD, RAM and the clock battery thats inside the computer, right on the motherboard but nothing works, the only thing that can make my computer go on again is if it has been off for 8 to 9 hours (connected or plugged to a source of power)... maybe more.

I want to add that some friends have recommended updating the BIOS of my pc, but i cant find any thrusty source to download... also replacing that little clock battery on the motherboard, test the power supply, but i want to be sure what to do after doing anything unnecesary; please help!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@alejlopezg

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP Omni 120-1201ep does not turn on. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Perform the below steps: 

If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, 

you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue: 

(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step) 

1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage 

2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector 

3. Start computer using the battery only 

4. Check that the lid switch moves freely 

5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning. 

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

Thank you for your fast reply! sorry i forgot to mention that the LED light on the on/off button does turn on... but the display remains black...

I have tried all those kind of test you just told me but the pc keeps doing what i described before... perhaps remember this is a all in one kind of computer not a laptop, not a desktop... thank you!

HP Recommended

@alejlopezg

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Please attempt the below steps: 

Attempt a BIOS recovery > All in one 

If the above steps work and the display turns on: Perform a hardware test to be on a safer side. 

If the steps didn't work, use the below links for further assistance: 

Computer Starts but Monitor/Screen Remains Blank : Click here 

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again!

The link that says "attemp a bios recovery" will send me to the home screen of the hp website uk version... so i guess thats not working for me... i also tryed the steps shown on the other link but my pc its now on the black screen... i dont think that method with the f10 key, down arrow and enter key will work because everytime my pc does turn on correctly, i see one of the led lights thats on my keyboard glow... which will not happen when turning my pc on fails...

the method that about setting off some power settings or something like that will not apply because the logo screen will never appear on my case... the screen will always be black and thats it...

I hope you understand every thing im saying here correctly... and again thank you so much for your help!

HP Recommended

I also want to point out that i looked over the internet how to attemp a bios recovery, that led me to this link: https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c04126730 i couldnt perform those steps completely because my computer will turn off every time i try to hold it pushed down for more than one second or so...

HP Recommended

@alejlopezg

Thanks for the response.

As you have already tried these steps and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I really appreciate your help, but im not doing that... the thing is my pc was bought on Portugal like a long time ago... im now living on Venezuela... its quite dificult here to thrust someone with your pc you know... and again thank you for you help, have a good one!

HP Recommended

@alejlopezg

Thank you for replying to my post on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Regards,

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That is awesome... ill be waiting for that message...

Im really gratefull for your help... im going off topic now but if i may ask... why is it a problem to tell somebody my pc serial number and that kind of stuff? i mean what could someone do with that? thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.