Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp stream laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

So a few months ago my charger for my laptop broke and I’m not sure where to get one. Can I purchase a new one or do I have to get a whole new computer?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jordan115 

I should think you can get a new charger - the only reason "not" would be if the charger is melded to the computer (non-removable).

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Once you have the computer support website open,

Select Category Manuals

Look for a "Service Guide" for your computer

Open the guide and search for AC adapter or charger

Another method...

PartSurfer might be able to tell you exactly which parts came with your computer.

For best results, use the Serial Number for your search

Reminder:  Do NOT post private information (including serial number) here on the Community)

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Search for your computer / printer / device
  • Need Help?  Tab Self help > find and open the User Guide and FAQ

How to use PartSurfer:

• Select your region / country - PartSurfer must know your general location
  • Enter your device Product Number , Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number

Notes

• Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase
  • N/A means the part is not carried / offered for purchase by HP.
  • Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

• Use your search engine to find the part number at your favorite online store.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the assist.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.