Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp 24es minitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the OSD controls stay on when the monitor is supposed to be on sleep mode.  it also doesn't go to sleep like the other monitor does.  running a dual setup with my envy 360. this wasn't happening a few days ago when i purchased the dual monitor package.  please help

thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jimmiedean,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the OSD buttons work even when the monitor is in sleep mode.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that the OSD buttons will work even in the sleep mode and that is how the monitor is designed. The logic behind that is if the OSD button does not work then you will not be able to turn On/Off the monitor or change source until and unless the computer is powered on. The OSD buttons stop working only when the power is removed.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'll try to ask again, the display doesn't go into sleep mode when it's supposed to but rather it opens the osd over and over again. at this time, when i try to toggle any menu in the OSD it is unresponsive.  I know how to lock and unlock the OSD...that's not the issue.  It seems like the monitor's OSD is corrupted, if that's possible???  could it be a windows issue?  I bought the dual monitor pack just a few days ago and it was fine for a day or so...

Also, the next day, while the monitor seemed to be in in a normal sleep mode the screen started flashing through colors (windows problem?)...I think this monitor may be a lemon.  is there a way to re-install the firmware??  or will a factory reset help?  if i could actually get the OSD to be responsive I may try that...please help.

HP Recommended

@jimmiedean,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you perform a factory reset and check if it helps.

If the issue persists,  I recommend you contact HP phone support and check the available service options for the monitor.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter the Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

ok, so i get a new monitor (HP 24ES) sent to me and i just hooked it up and all is good except for the screen has a yellowish tint and not as bright as my good one (original).  any idea how to correct this...this is becoming very annoying...my next step is not to rely on hp anymore (although they were good about sending me a piece of junk) but rather to return it to the store and get a refund and then stay away from hp equipment.  i will likely return my envy 360 as well...this is too much!

HP Recommended

@jimmiedean,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below artilce and check and if it helps.

https://hp.care/2xSByc0

Also, update the bios and the graphics card driver for your computer and test.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.