Deanonews Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion laptop will not boot up

Pavilion 15-ab254sa
When turning my notebook on it will not boot up or even bring me to the accounts screen, I am stuck with theloding circle and does not progress further than that, any help would be great thanks.
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 826 1,436
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion laptop will not boot up

@Deanonews

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab254sa laptop. I read that it does not boot to Windows and is stuck on the loading circle of Windows. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop recently?
  • The laptop came with Win10, are you still using the original operating system or have changed it?
  • Have you tried to restart the laptop and checked?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps to fix the issue:

• Press the Ctrl+Alt_Del keys on the keyboard and check if the laptop comes out of this state.
  • If there is no reaction of the laptop then press and hold the power button until it powers off.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the issue persists then let us try to perform a Microsoft system restore on the laptop to roll it back to an earlier date when it worked fine. This will not delete your data. 

NOTE: Please refer to the steps mentioned under "Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally."

The laptop should boot fine post a system restore. If not then I suggest to run a hardware test on the hard drive and the memory by following the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Hard Drive. You may initiate a short test first and if it passes, then initiate an extensive test. 
  • Later initiate a test on the memory too. 

I Hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply with the results. I'm always here to help. 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation