cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pavilion laptop will not boot up

HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ab254sa
When turning my notebook on it will not boot up or even bring me to the accounts screen, I am stuck with theloding circle and does not progress further than that, any help would be great thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,507
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Deanonews

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab254sa laptop. I read that it does not boot to Windows and is stuck on the loading circle of Windows. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any software changes or updates happen on the laptop recently?
  • The laptop came with Win10, are you still using the original operating system or have changed it?
  • Have you tried to restart the laptop and checked?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps to fix the issue:

• Press the Ctrl+Alt_Del keys on the keyboard and check if the laptop comes out of this state.
  • If there is no reaction of the laptop then press and hold the power button until it powers off.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the issue persists then let us try to perform a Microsoft system restore on the laptop to roll it back to an earlier date when it worked fine. This will not delete your data. 

NOTE: Please refer to the steps mentioned under "Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally."

The laptop should boot fine post a system restore. If not then I suggest to run a hardware test on the hard drive and the memory by following the below steps:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Hard Drive. You may initiate a short test first and if it passes, then initiate an extensive test. 
  • Later initiate a test on the memory too. 

I Hope this information helps. Please feel free to reply with the results. I'm always here to help. 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation