Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre & HP Tilt Pen

I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible laptop and I am to date with the current Windows 10 update. Today I finally had the HP Tilt Pen delivered. The pen connects through Bluetooth to my laptop and the buttons operate to open one note. However, when I try to write on paint 3D or one note the pen does not write at all. This is very frustrating considering I had spoken over the phone to an HP support person themself AND I looked at the sheet of compatibility and was told by both the person and the sheet that this pen would be gauranteed to work for me. This is the third pen I've gone through and I was really hoping it was the last. Considering there aren't many pen options for HP I was really counting on this to work. How could HP make a laptop that allows for the stylus feature to take place yet barely make any pens that can be supported. Ridiculous. Honestly, if this pen doesn't work I think I'm going to switch over to apple. The quality make not be as great, but at least their products are simple and gaurunteed to work without all the wasted time and hair pulling. 
Why is it so frustratingly painful to connect this pen to this computer?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TWant

I reviewed your post and I understand that the HP pen is not working on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Help me with the product number of your computer and the product number of the pen and I will check whether it is compatible with your computer.

The HP Active Pen and the HP Active Stylus input devices do not work with HP Spectre 13-w000 x360 Convertible PCs. The computer is not designed for use with these devices.

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04706945

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for attempting to sort this out for us.

I have honestly had enough though. I spoke with a colleague of yours late last week and he advised that the pen wasnt suitable, despite this pen being the one that YOU GUYS recommended. He was meant to call me back to finalise returns, however I havent heard back since then.
I am done with this BS and all the rubbish that goes along with it. 

HP Recommended

@TWant

I am sorry for the trouble you have gone through.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.