Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pro Tablet 608 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pro Tablet 608 G1 arrived on Thursday and came preinstalled with Windows 10 (64-bit).

From the get-go, I have had poor touchscreen response and I think it's a power management issue.

What happens (and this presented straight out of the box during the Windows 10 OOBE setup), is when I initially go to touch the screen, especially to to scroll, the screen doesn't respond until about half a second after my touch.  So when I go to slide my finger to scroll, the screen does not "grab" until I've moved my finger about 0.5-1cm.  It's worse if it's a brief touch in that the screen's kinetic scrolling just goes to the extreme and scrolls about 5 pages.  Sometimes when the on-screen keyboard shows, it doesn't register the first letter of two when I type.  This is where it gets strange.  Once the touchscreen responds, it then remains responsive as one would expect.  Leave the screen alone for a 15 seconds, and the problem apepars again upon the next touch.

It's really frustrating.  I get none of this on my Surface 3 nor my older Surface RT.  I have a Galaxy Tab A for work, there's no issue there with its touchscreen.

What I have tried, updated to the latest Windows 10 build with all the updates.  This seems more like a power management thing where Windows is switching off the touchscreen until I touch it.  However, I tried to switch off the HID-compliant touchscreen Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power but it does not have a Power Management tab.  I also tried a few other drivers such as the Intel HID Event Filter, I2C HID Device and even the USB controllers.  Nothing has fixed the repsonsiveness.

I then tried to a factory reset within Wndows (twice).  The first time I loaded the latesy Intel IO/Video/Audio/Camera Driver Pack  driver as well as the other available drivers.  Nope.  It didn't fix it.

I also performed the UEFI diagnostics and the touchscreen component tests pass fine so I beleive this a Windows driver issue.

BIOS is updated to the latest 01.08 Rev A.

Any help is greaty appreciated becuase I'm tempted to send this back and get a refund.

193 REPLIES 193
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue. My model is the 4gb/64gb/WWAN model. I purchased it about four months ago. 

I went through every HID entry in the device manager, unchecking the boxes on those with power management tabs so that the computer can not put them to sleep, and this issue is still present.

My unit is a 4gb/64gb/WWAN model I purchased about four months ago. I have BIOS v1.08 and Windows 10 Po x64, a 64gb Sandisk microSD card and an ATT SIM both installed.

HP Recommended

i am having the same issues - the first touch after just a few seconds always only gets recognized by windows with a short delay. that causes the system to scroll verrrry fast across websites or through folders and documents ...

i noticed this behaviour the first time after the latest combined windows update (windows 10 version 1511) and/or the latest bios-update (1.0.8) which were installed at about the same time.

i did not notice any lag/delay before that date.

has anyone come across a solution?

HP Recommended

My tablet came with BIOS version 1.06 and the pre-November update of Windows 10 but I noticed the lag out of the box.

I've subsequently performed another reset and will log a support case with HP but I  doubt they'll fix it.  I'll just oush for a return and refund. I can barely use the touchscreen where typing or scrolling is involved. Scrolling in Edge sometimes just flies the length of the page despite just a small scroll from my fingers.  I still have issues with the first letter of a word being ignored.

This is a shoddy $800+ tablet.

HP Recommended

Mine come with windows 8.1 and still have this problem. But I also believe this issue is either on power management or drivers as I've tried the same things as you did. However, I'm worrying that the factory won't fix this problem. You see this price.......this make it notorious!  Then the factory won't pay much attention to it. I'm still entangled in whether to return it. Hopefully, Hp will take care of such a small part of customers.

HP Recommended

I replaced the tablet and upgraded the BIOS on the new device only to 1.07; 1.08 breaks it and causes the problem.

HP Recommended

is their anyway to downgrade firmware? I'd hate to replace it due to a firmware issue.

HP Recommended

Any word on the firmware 1.09 and if it will fix this issue? My tablet is getting returned due to the 1.08 firmware issue and the Atmel touch screen firmware update brikcing my tablet. I like this tablet and want one but i want one that works.

My fear is after I get my refund I buy a new one and it arrives with fomrware 1.08 and I'm SOL until a future update fixes it.

HP Recommended
The Atmel firmware says it requires bios 1.09 or later to work. I have no intention of trying. I currently have bios 1.07 everything works.
HP Recommended

Yea I did not notice that before the install, it should have not allowed it, it whoudl have checked firmware version and stopped the install before bricking the tablet.

Glad to hear that 1.07 works we now have 3-4 people here seeing 1.08 as a problem with the touch screen and anything below that working fine.

I would reorder now but I'm afraid I'll get a brand new tablet with 1.08 and be SOL again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.