Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If by bricked you mean that the touch screen doesn't respond to touch, and not the usual meaning of bricked which is that the unit is dead; won't even boot, then you might have hope. I am only guessing here, but it can't hurt: First, you need a USB-C to go cable so you can then attach a USB mouse/keyboard. Then, you can try installing the 1.09 BIOS. If the screen is still unresponsive, try re-doing the Atmel firmware. The USB-C to female USB cable can be purchased from Best Buy, Radio Shack (if there is still an open one nearby), phone stores, etc.

HP Recommended

Yep I'll try when I get home

HP Recommended
I installed the Amtel firmware update last night which then bricked my tablet too. I did for an updated BIOS first but there was nothing there. There happens to be the 1.09 version now just as I check.
HP Recommended

Yea that 1.09 appeared today it was not their yesterday, seems that Atmel touchscreen firmware was relased to early and those of us that were on firmware version 1.08 hoping to fix our touch screen laggyness got caught by HP's mess up.

HP Recommended

As I mentioned, I "bricked" my tablet last night at home (in that there was no touchscreen response at all, even in the UEFI screen).  I have a Continuum dock at work so I arrived here nice and early and plugged the tablet into it which then allowed it to recognise my mouse and keyboard.  I downloaded the latest version 01.09 firmware and allowed it to update.  There was still no response.  I then re-ran the Amtel firmware update which removed the previous installation and installed it again afresh.  A restart or two later, I have touchscreen response.

There does still seem to be minimal initial response but the scrolling action is much more tame in that a small swipe doesn't send the screen flying off the page.  For the moment, it's improved but I'll use it throughout the day.

But as others have said, install the v.01.09 UEFI firmware first.  Honestly, HP should've posted that UEFI firmware before the Amtel firmware.  Seriously, what were they thinking?

HP Recommended

I should've been clear with my initial post but out-of-the-box, the tabet did NOT have the v1.08 UEFI firmware installed.  I believe it might've been 1.06 or something.  It wasn't 1.07 that I can recall.

I experienced the poor response and lag from the initial setup.

HP Recommended

Yea so I was able to hook up a keyboard and mouse and get it upgraded to 1.09 and reinstall the atmel drivers and get the touch screen working again and the touch screen lag is not any better. Loks like I'm just going to send it back and stick with my 2 year old Acer W4.

This REALLY sucks as this tablet besides these touch issue was exactly what i wanted but this lag problem is so annoying their is no way i can live with it since my acer W4 has perfect touch screen response. How on Earth did this fall through HP's QA and testing?

You can test the problem easily by opening notepad and pressing on the emtpy area. you will see that the first press is delayed a millisecond while presses quickly after that register instantly. Wait 3 second and press again and the same behaviour happens.

Horrible for a tablet to not have responsive touch screen. I've disabled all the all the power managment options for the touch display and it is still laggy

HP Recommended

Replace the device. I had all of the same issues. I replaced it. I upgraded the BIOS to 1.07. The tablet screen works fine upon awakening even after 24 hours asleep, and there is NO touch lag whatsoever. Clearly HP made a whole load of defective units. The easiset way to get a replacement is to just order a new one from a place like Staples. Take it home, try it out. If it works, throw your defective one in the box and return it to Staples. I don't consider this dishonest since Staples will not be screwed by this. They simply shove it back to HP for a stock replacement themselves. In the end, HP gets stuck with their defective product, you get the functioning product that you paid for, and you don't have to continue jumping through HP's inept tech support hoops.

HP Recommended

I have updated to bios 1.09

Imstalled the lastest Atmel.

Touchscreen still buggy

If i wait for 5 seconds between touch inputs it lags.

It does not happen on BIOS however.

**bleep** shame =( HP

HP Recommended

Same here. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.