cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Purchased this laptop ~2.5 years ago. And it’s become painfull slow.

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bx0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP team, 

I had purchased my laptop in the end of 2017 ( HP Laptop 15-bx0xx). It used to work perfectly and seamlessly in that year. Later after 2018, it started to become slow. I have a perfectly functioning anti-virus and other firewall protections, updated windows system etc. 

In 2020, my laptop has become really very slow. It takes 20mins for it to open a Microsoft edge tab. It’s painfully slow now a days plus it freezes in between, doesn’t respond to commands 🥺

I haven’t overloaded my laptop with a lot  of docs etc.

Is there any way I can get some help? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,017 18,976 826 878
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@isha_rajwade

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Before completing the troubleshooting procedures in this document, try the following steps:

• Make sure there is at least 15% of free space on the hard drive. For information about freeing up more space, skip to the Free up space on the hard drive section.

• Update the BIOS. Refer to the HP support document HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS or HP Desktop PCs - Updating the BIOS. If there is no BIOS listed for your version of Windows, choose the latest version of Windows from the drop-down menu and install that BIOS.

• Update the hardware drivers using Device Manager.

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. In the list of devices, expand each section.

3. Right-click the device, then select Update driver.

4. Click Search automatically for updated driver software, then follow the onscreen instructions to install the updated driver.

NOTE: Make sure the graphics driver is up-to-date. If you use a third-party graphics card, go to the manufacturer's website and check for a driver update.
    5. Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

For more information, go to Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update.

And, also refer to this Article: https://www.support.hp.com/id-en/topic/diagnostics?category=computing&issue=computer-slow HP PCs - Improving PC Performance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation