12-02-2019 09:46 AM
Hello I was trying to refresh and recover my hp laptop and had this issues and can’t have my laptop work again and don’t have any windows key or dvd
12-04-2019 01:30 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow the next steps.
Reinstall Windows operating system:
Before you start the system recovery, review the following list:
- Back up all personal files and read all caution statements before performing a system recovery. Failure to backup your files results in the loss of files and information that you do not want to lose. For instructions to backup and save your files, see Backing Up Your Files (Windows 10 8),
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961 to Performa System Recovery (Windows 10)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved.
I am an HP Employee