Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 13-u104na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently purchased the 2-in-1 HP Pavillion x360 and it updated Window with the latest version 10.

The screen rotation has stopped functioning in the tablet mode.

I have downloaded and updated the most recent display drivers with no success!

Please help me to resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Helppppppp

Thank you for replying. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

Ideally, the registry should not change by itself. You may try to refresh (repair) Windows and then check if the screen rotates in tablet mode. If not then you could perform the registry edit again and then check. Please note that refresh will not delete your data. Though the link offers steps for Win8, the steps are same for Win10 too.

Let me know. Thanks again! 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Helppppppp

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion x360 13-u104na and the screen does not rotate in tablet mode.  I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to perform the following steps from this HP document and check if the screen rotation is disabled. 

If the screen still does not rotate in tablet mode then please try the following steps:

• Win + R -> type 'regedit' and hit Enter

• Registry editor will open up.

•  

Go to path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation. Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.

• Restart and Auto rotation will work. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Kazi, I  changed the registry to 1 and rebooted. However the registry reverts to 0. I tried this several times with no success. Do you have any ideas why the registry will not save the default  as 1.

HP Recommended

@Helppppppp

Thank you for replying. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

Ideally, the registry should not change by itself. You may try to refresh (repair) Windows and then check if the screen rotates in tablet mode. If not then you could perform the registry edit again and then check. Please note that refresh will not delete your data. Though the link offers steps for Win8, the steps are same for Win10 too.

Let me know. Thanks again! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi! just tried changing the values in the register and nothing. sometimes it works and sometimes not, to change to tablet mode or rotate screen when turning the screen. But don´t know wy sometimes it works sometimes not. I tried different configurations in the control panel. Help please, althought I bought the pc in USA before returning to Chile so don`t know if I can take it to a HP repair center here in Chile. It has just 1 month since bought

HP Recommended

I had 'blue screen of death' issues after some updates. After diffreent restore, options the issue persited and used 'refresh' to download and install the latest version of windows - this seems to have resolved the issues and after updating this bsod has not returned. I have had some other little issues though which I have mostly been able to fix, such as the microphone not working; however screen rotate is one thing that I can not fix. It is greyed out, both in the quick access panel and also in the also in the display options in settings it i also greyed out, but in the on position. 

I have 

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz

Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Previous solutions advised;

1.Go to path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation. Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.

This does not work. After restart this defaults back to '0'

2. Update driver

I have the latest

3. Enable in Intel settings

This option is not available in 'Intel Graphics Settings' that I have installed

Please help!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.