Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (350 Views)
Accepted Solution

Screen rotation does not function with Windows 10!!

Product Name: HP Pavilion x360 13-u104na
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently purchased the 2-in-1 HP Pavillion x360 and it updated Window with the latest version 10.

The screen rotation has stopped functioning in the tablet mode.

I have downloaded and updated the most recent display drivers with no success!

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solution

Re: Screen rotation does not function with Windows 10!!

@Helppppppp

Thank you for replying. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

Ideally, the registry should not change by itself. You may try to refresh (repair) Windows and then check if the screen rotates in tablet mode. If not then you could perform the registry edit again and then check. Please note that refresh will not delete your data. Though the link offers steps for Win8, the steps are same for Win10 too.

Let me know. Thanks again! Smiley Happy

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5 (324 Views)

@Helppppppp

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion x360 13-u104na and the screen does not rotate in tablet mode.  I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to perform the following steps from this HP document and check if the screen rotation is disabled. 

If the screen still does not rotate in tablet mode then please try the following steps:

• Win + R -> type 'regedit' and hit Enter

• Registry editor will open up.

•  

Go to path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation. Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.

• Restart and Auto rotation will work. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (317 Views)

Hi Kazi, I  changed the registry to 1 and rebooted. However the registry reverts to 0. I tried this several times with no success. Do you have any ideas why the registry will not save the default  as 1.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 5 (311 Views)

@Helppppppp

Thank you for replying. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

Ideally, the registry should not change by itself. You may try to refresh (repair) Windows and then check if the screen rotates in tablet mode. If not then you could perform the registry edit again and then check. Please note that refresh will not delete your data. Though the link offers steps for Win8, the steps are same for Win10 too.

Let me know. Thanks again! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Highlighted
Student
Message 5 of 5 (141 Views)

Hi! just tried changing the values in the register and nothing. sometimes it works and sometimes not, to change to tablet mode or rotate screen when turning the screen. But don´t know wy sometimes it works sometimes not. I tried different configurations in the control panel. Help please, althought I bought the pc in USA before returning to Chile so don`t know if I can take it to a HP repair center here in Chile. It has just 1 month since bought

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation