4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Spectre x2 battery life

Spectre X2 detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a spectre x2 which is under a year old and up to now, I have been very happy with it - a bit slow sometimes but it's an M3 processor not an i7!  I am careful about charging and using the battery and not just leaving the unit 'cooking' all the time - however recently i can charge over night, leave for work and by the time i come to use to use it o nthe way home or in the hotel in the evening, the battery has comletely discharged and i have a dead tablet on my hands.

Before I enter the abyss that is 'computer repair world' and no doubt end up losing the will to live and probably the money I put into buying the spectre in the first place - is there anything i can do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,111 23,067 1,935 3,056
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Spectre x2 battery life

@MPdrums

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand the battery drained out and now the computer isn't powering on,

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help you out.

Here's an article for issues related to Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge: Click here

For information on testing and calibrating the battery: Click here

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
nicolast64
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Spectre x2 battery life

I have had a HP Spectre x2 for about 6 months and recently I have noticed the battery goes low after a few hours. This morning the battery was just 20% after one hour of use.

I have performed the battery test as recommend by HP and it passed.

There must be a problem with the battery because just over 1 hour of use is totally unacceptable.

Is there something else I can do to improve battery performance - or should I just get a new battery (although it DID pass the component test!)

0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Level 4
83 78 4 8
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Spectre x2 battery life

This does seem strange for a device only 6 months old. Have you updated your version of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics to the latest version and did you run all the battery tests from that (rather than using the HP Support Assistant program within Windows)? If it was my device, after running the above tests and having everything pass, I'd ensure everything is backed up and perform a factory reset and test again. If even after restoring the operating system and configuration back to a 'fresh from the factory' state, I still got the poor battery life you report then I'd get in touch with HP Tech Support (or even better with the seller).

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation