Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp split 13-r010dx x2
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi , i have this split since four months , but now i cant use it .

if i use only (separate) the tablet , its ok , but if i put in the dock , it leave of work, nesder the tablet .

so , if i only use the tablet separate its ok, but if i put in the dock , doestn work the tablet , and the keyboard . 

I restored windows and ran HPs chipset update.

I even blew in the connector (worked on my old split x2). One of the posts suggested completely draining the batteries so I did that. nothing has worked. I never noticed any of the lights on the keyboard flickering but apparently thats a tell tail of the internal dock battery dying. Some people mentioned when the battery goes so does all functionality, plugged in or not.

what can i do? Maybe its the chip that connect the tablet to the dock? .

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Pitugf

Welcome to HP Forums Community!

If you have checked and cleaned the connections and your docking station (Split dock) is still not working properly, restart the computer.

Restarting allows the computer to run its configuration process again and find all of the connections it needs to run properly.

1. Undock the computer from the docking station.

2. Power down the computer.

3. Dock the computer in the docking station.

4. Power up the computer.

Updating the device drivers for your docking station (Split dock)

In some cases, external devices might not work initially with a docking station. If you have issues with a printer, external speakers, mouse, keyboard, monitor, or other external devices, obtain and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer.

Updating the BIOS would also help: Click here to access the HP website.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, how are you?

thanks for the answer , i tried that but still have the same problem . 

If only power up the table separate , this work fine , but when i put in the dock station, doesnt work .

the screen is frozen . If i want to use again , i have to undock the table , power down , and power up.

The problem could be the dock chip?

thanks

HP Recommended

@Pitugf I'm good and I hope you are too! that said, If you've gone through the suggested steps, and yet have the same issue, then yes, the issue could be with the docking station or the port on the tablet, and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.