Did you mean: 
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stream 7 - Win10 - high CPU on "sensor monitoring service"

HP Stream 7 Tablet
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello.  Having an intermittent problem with high CPU usage on the sensor monitoring service causing response times measured in minutes.  If I end the service the problem goes away but also stops functions like auto-rotation.  A restart will usually fix the problem. Shutdown then power on sometimes will not fix the problem.

Win10 - 32bit - latest updates.

Any ideas?   Thanks much.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 10
1,585 1,575 133 308
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You might try reinstalling the Intel chipset driver and Kionix driver to see if it might help.  Also check the Windows event viewer to see if any event is getting logged when the CPU spikes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply, Kyle.   I'll try your suggestion and post again in a week or so if the problem is solved or not. It will sometimes go a couple of weeks before it it happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update says drivers are current but I do understand they may need to be replaced.  Also the Win10 1709 update installed about a week ago.  No problems since. I'll give it a while longer before replacing drivers.

Thanks again for the help!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation