Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Had the same  problem, and this totally worked for me.

Many thanks for this excellent post 

HP Recommended

I had the same issue.  Problem is the message happens before the tablet touch or bluetooth are active.  I plugged in a USB keyboard and was then able to respond to the message and windows then completed its boot.

HP Recommended

If You Hold The Both the Volume Buttons Down And The Power Button It Will Allow You To Click Update Do So Then Reinstall Windows 10 And It Works Perfect

HP Recommended

I have this problem too and it's a total nightmare; none of the fixes work. 

Was originally trying to reset the device when i got the message that there was a problem when trying to reset.  Any of the options that i choose will crash the device and give me the "clear the TPM" screen.  If i try the bios reset it will work sometimes and return me to the 4 options, other times it will reset bios, restart, then crash, leaving the screen grey but with nothing showing.

I have no idea what else to do.  This tablet has been a total disaster since i got it - charging issues, poor battery life, screen rotation and other softrware issues, yadda yadda... 

Would just like to be able to get windows working again so i can use it as a backup.  At the moment its a not very pretty paperweight.

tks

HP Recommended

@uselesstablet, do you have Windows 8.1 or 10 installed?  If it is Windows 10, you could do a fresh install from the downloadable install image from Microsoft.

HP Recommended

Thanks kyle.  It came with 8.1 but i upgraded to 10. 

Im running the windows download tool now for the iso file for windows10 32 bit.  I dont have a usb stick but i have a usb/sd card adapter.  can i save it to an sd card?  would that card need to be totally empty and formatted?

tks again.

HP Recommended

I think a SD card in a USB adapter functions like a USB thumb drive so you should hopefully be able to boot from it.  The Stream 7 cannot boot from the SD slot, only from a OTG USB device.  There are installation instructions here.

HP Recommended
Failed at the first bit as I cant make a windows 8 recovery as im running windows 10 and it wont boot. Tried booting to bios but only does it one time in 20, when I can get into trouble shooting screen it restarts then black screen with/without cursor.
I have NEVER known a tablet that every time i try to boot it up it does something totally different even if i use the same process each time.
If HP designed cars I would not be surprised if, when I turned the ignition key 3 times the lights in my house came on, the fridge door opened and the lawnmower fired up. What WOULD surprise me is if the engine started.
HP Recommended

Hi this was exactly the solution I needed percevere and you will get there Try it now Cheers

HP Recommended

Yes it worked for me

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.