Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g series
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

***I DO NOT HAVE THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION DISK

No idea what I’m doing, not sure if it’s 32bit or 64 bit or what that even means 😬. Can’t get  my pavilion g series laptop to work. Was fine yesterday morning but went to turn it on last night and started up but stuck on black screen. Had a look on google and managed to do some things. Tried to turn it on again, clicked the option to restart with the repair option but now it’s stuck on the light blue screen. Any advice on what’s wrong or more importantly how do I get all my stuff off the laptop before it’s lost forever. Tia

00861A12-8D38-440C-AF77-0ABAA26C4AEE.png

4C73085C-14C3-4AEE-B3A2-F307C455DB12.png

D959C9B8-E65D-4328-A9AC-41D80999B021.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CHANNING2 Welcome to HP Community!

• When was it working before?
  • Is there any specific bluescreen error message?

Please perform the hard drive test and let me know.

If the hard drive test is passed, the issue with the operating system. You have to reinstall the operating system.

Please refer to the following link for cloud recovery.

Note: performing the recovery you will lose the personal data.

Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

It failed the hard drive test. I need to know how to remove software and all files etc installed on the laptop when I can’t get it to start up

HP Recommended

@CHANNING2

Thank you for the update.

I would suggest you contact phone support.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.