Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q114 (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help.  My HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q114 (Touch) touch screen stopped working. I'm unable to download the specific driver.  Also, no longer seeign the HID-compliant touch screen. 

Can someone, please provide firmware update or driver links? I did research, but did not find them online. 

clipboard_image_0.png

Thanks!

WZ

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Wizaryz
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Next update the system sofwtare and drivers using Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply and options on troubleshooting my issue. Unfortunately, it didn't solve my problem. The touchscreen is still not working. I tried to look for the Tablet PC settings, but they're greyed out and not showing under the original "Control Panel" menu.

Control Penel

clipboard_image_0.png

I was able to search the mapping - found folder but is greyed out. 

clipboard_image_1.png

I'm not really sure why this is happening. I thought maybe was missing drives or maybe firmware, all seems to be updated. 

Any more suggestions to try to fix? 

Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

@Wizaryz
Use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests to detect problems with the touch screen hardware.

1. Connect the AC adapter to the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the Startup menu appears, press F2.

4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics screen displays, click Component Tests.

Component Tests in HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI

5. Click Touch Screen.

6. There are two interactive touch screen hardware tests. Click Touch Pointer Test first.

Touch Pointer Test in UEFI

7. Read the on-screen instructions, and then click Run once.

8. Touch each of the blocks on the screen to erase them. The test ends after you erase all the blocks or after three minutes have passed, and the results display.

Touch the blocks to erase them

9. Click Main menu to return to the main screen.

10. Click Component Tests, and then click Touch Screen.

11. Click Drag And Drop Test.

Drag and Drop Test in UEFI

12. Read the on-screen instructions, and then click Run once.

13. Drag each orange rectangle to the box indicated by the arrows with a finger or a stylus. The test ends after you reposition all the blocks or after three minutes, and the results display.

Drag the blocks to the correct empty box

• If the diagnostics tests pass but the touch screen still does not respond during regular use, continue to the next step.

Reset your computer: Go to Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10)

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks @Echo_Lake, for providing additional troubleshooting.

I've tried the suggestion and I don't see the touchscreen menu under the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.  It didn't work. I'd prefer not trying to reset my pc at this point. Is there any other way to get drivers or BIOS updates on the support website for my type of PC? I lost touchscreen capability after Windows update. Shouldn't there be an update under the driver menu for input devices? 

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-23-q100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-to...

I didn't find it under the above link. 

Hoping there's other suggestions for fixture.

Thanks again,

WZ

HP Recommended

@Wizaryz
Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try a system restore option, 
System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545 Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ECHO_LAKE

It states that option no longer available.  "This option is no longer available because your PC was updated more than 10 days ago."

Are there no available drivers, Touchscreen input or BIOS for this PC? 

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q114 (Touch)

I was hoping to find a solution for this.  Please advise.

Thanks again,

WZ

HP Recommended

@Wizaryz

To ensure this isn't a hardware malfunction, I suggest running an extensive system test. The Extensive Test will take 2 hours or more. If the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows app is not available on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Hardware Diagnostics website.
1. In Windows, search for and open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows app.
2. On the main menu, click System Tests.
3. Click the System Extensive Test tab.
4. Click Run once.

And, also follow the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-23-q100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-to... in order to download the software and driver. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

I've performed the suggested actions, but none has fixed the issue. The one question, shouldn't touchscreen drivers be listed under my PC "HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q114 (Touch)"? I did not see any regarding TouchScreen. 

Also, I've noticed under Device Manager-> Universal Serial Bus controllers-> Unknow USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), not sure if this might be part of the problems. I have research and done some of the troubleshooting regarding this, but again, I'd no luck in correcting the issue. 

Any tips? 

Thanks,

HP Recommended

@Wizaryz
Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try this:

• Press the Windows logo key + X.
  • Select Device Manager from the list.
  • Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.
  • Click the touch screen driver,
  • Right-click, and select properties and update the driver and also you can use the same method to uninstall the USB device from the device manager.
    Restarting the computer will install the USB driver.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.