08-15-2019 12:52 PM
Just purchased HP Pavilion x360 14 which comes with Windows camera App pre installed. My issue is it just wont work. Open the App and my image is shown on screen but after approximately 3secs the screen freezes making it impossible to take a photo, a message then comes on screen Photo Capture Time Out. Also taking a Video is impossible. Skype also shows my image then screen freezes, same with 3D viewer.
As a test I downloaded Cyberlink's Youcam8 and everything worked fine, Photo and Video, 30day free trial.
Can someone help sort this problem I have tried all the self help, drivers all up to date, done a Powershell uninstall and reinstalled the App etc etc.
My Computer knowledge is basic so im really stuggling with this App issue.
Thanks for any help you can give me
08-18-2019 01:07 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Apologize for the inconvenience caused and I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly let's perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
Next Step BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, uninstall Webcam from device manager.
- Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand the entry. Right-click the Imaging device and select Uninstall device.
- You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.
- Reboot the computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
08-19-2019 09:15 AM
Hi there Echo Lake,
I have tried all three ideas as you suggested, unfortunately none have worked.
When I open the Windows Camera App my image is on the screen and the Camera will detect me moving for a couple of seconds, then my image is frozen. I have on occasion managed to quickly take a picture which worked but then as normal the image froze. Also taking a Video is impossible,
As I mentioned before I downloaded a trial of Cyberlink Youcam to test and everything worked perfectly.
Have you any more ideas please?
08-19-2019 01:43 PM
08-20-2019 12:00 PM
Thank you for posting back.
Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.
And, also If you encounter its hardware failure, Then I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.
I am an HP Employee