Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you, I will try that reinstall.

HP Recommended

Conclusion to all:

As per latest Flying_Kiwi post, where he talks about fresh reinstall and formatting to default, I was able to find out why the Windows 10 Settings/System/Storage did not register or show SD card drive (D:) that was shown perfectly fine in File Explorer.

I copied the entire content (all my personal files "user" files - Documents, Music, Photos, Videos, plus Maps) from (D:) on a USB stick.  Then I removed the SD card and inserted it into my notebook.  It registered there very well, I was able to read again all the files and everything on it.  This confirmed that the card itself was OK.  Then I put the card back into the tablet, deleted all its content and reformated it to its original default, i.e. FAT32 (I have unfortunately previously changed the format to NTSF, for whatever reasons that I do not even remember now ...).  Reloaded all from the USB stick onto this (D:) drive, and voila, Windows 10 Settings/System/Storage registered that drive right away.  Kudos to Flying_Kiwi.

Going back to Photoray002 posts, I recalled his telling to "uninstall programs and then reinstall them". I found the following basic concetpt that I did not have full understanding off:

There are desktop PC programs, and then there are Apps.

Desktop PC programs are good on notebooks and laptops, but may take a lot of memory space on tablets.

Most of them (Adobe, Dropbox, OneDrive, Skype) come in two versions:  PC desktop programs and Apps.

Surprisingly, all the above ones can be installed from Windows store as official Apps.

And all of them (except Skype) can be installed on SD card (D:) drive.

(Skype download from the Windows store in fact warns use that it can be only installed on hard drive ...)

As mentioned previously, I already uninstalled Adobe Reader program from hard drive (C:).

Even though not needed (as Edge acts as .pdf reader, and also there is a Microsoft Reader App for .pdf pre-installed on the hard drive (C:)) I still installed on (D:) drive the Adober Reader App.

I also uninstalled Dropbox, uninstalled OneDrive, uninstalled the desktop version of Skype (172 MB) which was sitting right next to the Skype App,  and "reinstalled" Dropbox and OneDrive official apps from Windows store.

By the above, I was able to save over 1GB on my tablet hard drive.

I am very happy about the tablet as it does all I want it to do.  Actually, I almost love it.

Thanks to all for advise and support, I am going to provide "Problem solved".

HP Recommended

This response started the whole process of me learning about Windows 10 and HP Stream 8 tablet.

This might be even more important to me than being able to solve the issues that I encountered.  For that, I am very thanksfull.  I thought that I could give two (2) "Accepted solutions", but it just took the firest one and that was it.  Even though you deserver a credit for starting all this ...

Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.