LisLyles79
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 won’t update

Hp stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After several attempts of trying to update my windows 10 version 1809 I receive a error message 0x800703ee. I have basically uninstalled everything off my laptop and purchased a external hard drive still the same thing. Please help. 

Hp stream laptop 64bit

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,903 9,877 404 470
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 won’t update

@LisLyles79
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you tried disabling Antivirus Program?
  • Have you tried a clean boot?

The file system corruption or bad sectors may cause 0x800703ee error.

Let's turn on Two Services:

• Press "Windows + R" keys and type "services.msc" to open Services window.
  • Scroll down to locate Volume Shadow Copy service and Windows Backup service.
  • Please notice whether the two services' statuses are running. If not, right-click on the service and choose Start. Then select Properties.
  • Navigate to Dependencies tab to make sure the dependency services are also running.

How to clean boot:

• Type "misconfig" in the Windows search box.
  • Right-click System Configuration icon and select Run as administrator.
  • Skip to Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services. Then, click Disable all.
  • Skip to Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
  • Right-click startup items on the Startup tab in Task Manager to disable them one by one.
  • Close Task Manager, click OK and Restart the computer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
LisLyles79
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 won’t update

@Echo_Lake

My question to you is once I do this do I need to go back and enable? Unfortunately that did not work. Took step by step and it still says I need to free up space (again there is nothing on my laptop). I have even tried to revert back to original settings but it tells me the same thing. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,903 9,877 404 470
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 won’t update

@LisLyles79

Let's check whether one drive is turned off or even you can delete one drive and turn off the hibernation mode,

This should free up space and let windows to install the software.

And, also thy this expect workaround:

Before you can install Windows 10 on a device with low free storage space, you'll need a few things:

• A second PC to create a bootable drive.
  • Two empty USB flash drives, each with at least 16GB in size.
  • Two free USB ports on your device.

• If your device has a Micro-USB port, then you'll need a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable to adapt the Micro-USB port to a standard USB port.
    • If you only have one free USB port, you'll also need a basic USB hub with a least two ports .

How to create an installation drive for Windows 10 updates

For this process, you'll need a USB flash drive with the latest installation files of Windows 10, which you can create using the Media Creation Tool.

To create a bootable media, do the following:

1. Connect one of your USB flash drives to a PC other than the one you're trying to upgrade.
  2. Head over to the Microsoft support website to download the Media Creation Tool.
  3. Click the Download tool now button.
  4. Double-click the MediaCreationTool.exe file to launch the utility.
  5. Select the Create installation media for another PC option.
  6. Click Next to continue.

7. Select your language, edition, and architecture.

Quick Tip: If you're trying to update a small tablet with low storage, it's likely to be using a 32-bit architecture. You can quickly check the device architecture by going to Settings > Devices > About and double-checking the System type information.

8. Select the USB flash drive option.
  9. Click Next.

10. Select your USB flash drive from the list.
  11. Click Next.

12. Click Finish to complete the task.

How to install a Windows 10 update from a flash drive

To install feature updates of Windows 10, do the following:

1. If necessary for your device, connect the USB OTG cable and/or the USB hub.
  2. Connect both the USB flash drive with the Windows 10 installation files and the other empty USB flash drive.
  3. Double-click the Setup.exe file to launch the Windows 10 installation from the USB flash drive.
  4. Select the Keep personal files and apps option to only update your system.

5. If you get the "Windows needs more space" option, click the Choose another drive or attach an external drive with 10GB available link.
  6. Select your empty USB flash drive to serve as temporary storage.
  7. Click Refresh.

8. Click Install.

9. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process as necessary.

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation