6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows update issue

HP Notebook - 15q-dy0004au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was watching usual stuff on YouTube, latter after getting bored I went to shutdown my laptop. Upon clicking the power icon it showed an option stating "update and restart".(Earlier couple of days ago I was notified that an update has download and it was asking for a desire time to update, which I ignored) I had enough time so I clicked on "update and restart". The process began, it was quite slow and I was also expecting the same but it got struck at 23%. The loading symbol: the circle which revolves also stopped. It's been 6hrs now(while I'm writing), the hp support isn't working well for me now, the service agent lines are closed as it is past 6:00pm here(as of now). I'm really frightened as there is no service center near by and I don't want to lose any data. I'll attach the photo of  the struck window along. Please respond as soon as possible. Also understand if there are any flaws in the writing as it is my first post here.

IMG20191011185657.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Level 15
Level 15
9,647 9,596 1,882 3,572
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows update issue

Hi,

Turn off the PC by holding the power button until shutdown. Turn the PC back on again and let me know what happens. It should either undo the update, or continue with the update.

You will be able to recover the data even if the update fails.

Let me know,

David

Chirag26
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows update issue

Ok, currently it's showing "Undoing changes made to your computer..." on black screen.

So is it fine until here?

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
9,647 9,596 1,882 3,572
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows update issue

How did it work out?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Chirag26
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows update issue

Thank you David, laptop is working completely fine. 

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
9,647 9,596 1,882 3,572
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows update issue

Great. I am happy it is up and running again. It is quite late here in Italy, so I am on my mobile. Tommorow I will get back to you and we can see together how to completely update the notebook.

Have a nice evening.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
Chirag26
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows update issue

Shall I update my system? Anyways i don't have options rather than "sleep".

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
9,647 9,596 1,882 3,572
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows update issue

Hi,

Yes, try updating the system again and see if it works. Remove any external devices attached to the PC.

First, back up any important data on an external drive or to the cloud. You should always backup your data.

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation