Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14-ck0806no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey!

For a little less than a week I've been having some serious problems with my laptop and the internet connection, wireless in particular. The problems started last week when I was just watching some Youtube-videos on my laptop, and suddenly I lose my internet connection. After this, I haven't been able to get my connection working again, and soon I noticed that my Bluetooth isn't working either. I can't find any networks I could connect to, even though there's no problem with connecting to them on other devices, my phone for example. The only way I'm able to get a connection is by hotspot (sharing internet connection from my phone). I have no idea why the shared connection from my phone works, but other wireless networks do not.

I have been trying to fix it by commands on Command Prompt (as an admin), updating my wireless WLAN driver (Realtek 8723DE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC) as well as Bluetooth drivers, disabling and enabling WLAN, rolling back to the old version of Windows (1803) and installing the new version (1903) back, but nothing seems to work. I've also resetted my network settings a few times, and even factory reseted my PC. I've been googling the issue and trying many solutions for 5 days already, and nothing just seems to work. I probably didn't remember to mention everything I've tried so far, since there's so much stuff I've tried. At the moment I'm using the 1903 version of Windows 10. I don't know if this information will be helpful, but one of the commands on Command Prompt showed the wireless connection and bluetooth as "Media disconnected" (can't remember what command it was) and I'm not able to find the WLAN Autoconfig service in the services of the device at all.

The last idea I got was to post a question here, if someone would be able to help me with this problem. I don't know much about computers and technology in general, so please explain stuff so that also I can understand it 😄 Thanks in advance! Also, English is not my native language so sorry about the possible typos!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Emilia97

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue. 

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for replying 😁

However, I already had HP Support Assistant installed and it did not find any recommended updates related to wireless drivers or anything like that, and Windows Update says that my device is up to date.

I don't know if this issue could be related to some previous Windows updates, since I've heard people having problems with their wireless network after recent updates. However, I don't think I'll be able to uninstall the updates from the date the issues started, since I've factory reseted my PC after that, and also installed a new version of Windows (1903). I've also been thinking of buying a USB Wifi adapter until I'll somehow be able to fix the issue, since it has been suggested for me. 🙂

HP Recommended

@Emilia97

Since you have already performed a Reset and the issue persists, I suggest you contact HP Support for further assistance and possible service options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.