Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP elite x2 1012 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i thought adding an LTE modem to my HP x2 1012 g1 was easy but it's not?

i got a1012 g1 with M7-6Y75 cpu which according to hp documentation should support LTE and when i open the tablet there is a connector for an LTE modem.  but weird thing is the bios got no option regarding LTE modem unlike another 1012 g1 i have that came with the lte modem already included.  

so anyone tried to upgrade their 1012 g1 that didn't come with an LTE modem by adding one themselves and got it to work?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@wildpig1234

The specs clearly says

Wireless WAN (WWAN)*

• HP hs3110 HSPA+ Intel® Mobile Broadband*
  • HP lt4120 Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X5 LTE Mobile Broadband*
  • HP lt4225 LTE/EV-DO Gobi™ 4G Mobile Broadband*
  • HP lt4226 LTE/HSPA+ Gobi™ 4G Mobile Broadband*

* WWAN is an optional feature and requires factory configuration. WWAN connection requires wireless data service contract, network support, and is not available in all areas. Contact service provider to determine the coverage area and availability. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G LTE not available on all products, in all regions

Hope this helps to explain why they are not the same.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

uhmmm, ok... i am not sure exactly what this above listing of different broadband modems supposes to answer my question on why there seems to be no option for  enable or disable WWAN in the bios when i have a 1012 g1 with M7-6y75. 

I mean is it possible that somehow the port for the modem is there but it's just a blank port that's not wired.  I didn't open remove the MB to view it since it seems to be so fragile and for some reason stucked  so i couldn't remove to confirm that.  or is it possible that the particular 1012 g1 model i got is just a weird one off m7-6y75 that doesn't go by what HP say in the Maintainance manual>

HP Recommended

Maybe banhhien was confused.  

Yes,  i did have a LTE snapdragon modem.  and yes i did insert it into the port inside the 1012 but as i said, the bios didn't even have the option to enable or disable WWAN and obviously windows 10 never detect the lte modem after install either.

I have another 1012 g1 that came factory installed lte,  the bios for that one did have the option to disable/enable WWAN.  

HP Recommended

Hey, how's it going? I am wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this? Was there a SIM card reader included in the NON-WWAN model?

I notice mine has a blank cover where it is supposed to be rather than a SIM drawer. I haven't yet opened mine but I have a WWAN/GPS module and antennas. I tried to disassemble it and look myself but the LCD was a little stiff so before I take a chance and risk cracking it, I would like to know for sure if it is even possible to do this upgrade.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.