Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP TrueVision HD
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My laptop is not reading my built in web cam is installed.  It was suggested the camera is USB powered and I need to instal an AMD chipset driiver for my platform and restart PC.   When I get to RADEON site to do this, I need  to select a chipset series and then a 3digit number with letter.  I  cannot figure those two things out to proceed further.  I am not a computer genius but I follow directions well.   Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KLR19,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. I see from your post that you're having issues with the webcam not working properly on your HP Pavilion notebook.

Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of the notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you checked if the webcam is detected in the device manager?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the webcam drivers?

Did you try to update the Bios?

Let's try these steps here: 

I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Alternatively, you can also go through the steps suggested in the support document for - 

Link 1: HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 😎

Link 2: HP Notebook PCs - Testing a Webcam Using YouCam (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.